The Marshall Academy Entrepreneurship Program will introduce students to the skills needed to launch their own business. The Entrepreneurship Program’s goal is to provide a positive learning environment where students can achieve their highest potential in the study of entrepreneurship. Standards of Learning are supported in the course.
- One credit class +1.0 weighted GPA.
- Open to 11th and 12th Graders.
- Dual Enrolled with Northern Virginia Community College; students earn 3 college credits.
- Learn how to write a professional business plan.
- Market a product through an interactive curriculum.
- Develop Financial Literacy and Workplace Readiness Skills.
- Marketing focused field trips.
- Develop, market and implement student-based enterprise.
- Guest speakers from local community.
- May enroll in Work-Based Learning (WBL) Internship Program.
- Earn National Retail Federation (NRF) Customer Service and Sales Certification
- Opportunity to participate in DECA, marketing co-curricular program.
In Level 1:
Students are introduced to the exciting world of creating, owning, and launching their own business. Students will learn concepts and techniques for planning an innovative business and living the entrepreneurial lifestyle.
In Level 2:
Students who are interested in learning advanced entrepreneurship strategies are provided a differentiated classroom environment to meet their specific needs. The focus of the Level 2 course is on the development of a business plan and small business management. Students will establish, market, and maintain a business.
- Marketing Education Teacher, HS